With the theme; “GROWING ECOMMERCE IN NIGERIA and its contributions to the Nation’s Economy", Jumia Nigeria celebrates its one year anniversary with an exclusive event on the 12th of July at the Lagos Oriental Hotel Main Ballroom, Lekki.
The event will feature a conference on Ecommerce - its implications and benefits, tool to facilitate your business operations, expand your market and reach your customers nationwide, and how we can use our services to grow your businesses?
Founded one year ago by Tunde Kehinde and Raphael Afaedor, graduates of Harvard Business School; Jumia.com is Nigeria’s largest online shopping mall, selling everything from fashion to phones. They're said to be the 4th most visited website in Nigeria with over 50,000 products for sale and delivering to every state in the country.
Jumia.com was highlighted at the 2013 Harvard Business School Africa Business Conference by the Honorable Minister of Finance Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, as one of the pioneers of economic growth in Nigeria. In one year:
- Jumia has directly employed over 500 young talented Nigerians, and created an ecosystem of jobs and economic opportunity for over 400 local suppliers scattered nationwide.
- Jumia has raised over USD $50 million from renowned investors JPMorgan, Summit Partners, Millicom and Rocket Internet to build the best retail operation in West Africa.
- Jumia has launched the largest Ecommerce campus in West Africa spanning over 10,000 square meters in Lagos, Nigeria.
Key speakers at the conference are;
- Office of the Honorable Minister of Trade, Dr. Olusegun Aganga
- Office of the Honorable Minister of Communications Technology, Mrs. Mobola Johnson
- Office of the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola
- CEO of Pagatech, Nigeria’s leading mobile payments platform, Tayo Oviosu
- CEO of Interswitch, Nigeria’s leading payments platform, Mitchel Elegbe
- Head of eBanking at Zenith Bank – Juliet Nwanguma
- Head of eBusiness at GTBank – Simi Osinuga
The conference will be followed by a Fashion Show & Gala Night Starting at 7pm at the same location.