Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

LOOKBOOK: "Soigne" by O'eclat

                          
The major issue I still get about styling in Nigeria and basically about Nigerian brands is that they never try enough, it always seem like a rushed work. Why do it at all if you will not do it well? This is a fine lookbook which shows effort but not enough creative thoughts were put into it or perhaps its execution.


I like the idea of bold makeup because it somehow works with the bags, making them pop…it’s brilliant, but it also looks cheap.

I love the scenery but I think too little is giving of that lovely environment, I recently shared few of my favourite Ad campaigns for Spring and Pre Fall where I clearly emphasized my love for the balance between scenery, styling and personalities – that’s what a lookbook or Ad campaign should tell. It’s not just about your product; your product/brand should be defined by how it affects the society which should be illustrated with the environment and the model/personality wearing it.

We’ve come to the age where product branding isn’t just about the item it’s also about the model you’ve decided to use – she/he shouldn’t just be a furniture or ‘thing’ that hangs your product. She/he should wear, represent, and be the brand in a clear way that defines the brand.

Nonetheless, this is a great effort and yes, I love the bags and want one or two.












Photo credit: Lazailounge


CREDITS:
Styling- Onyinye Fafi Obi
Photography;- TCD concept
Makeup- Poise makeovers
Model;- Damilola Tiedi
Clothing;- Miskay Boutique. (25a toyin street,ikeja)
For more information:
Email;- Oeclat@gmail.com
Website;- www.oeclatdesigns.com
Telephone;- 08035030929






No comments: