Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flight of Fantasy: Aboard Air Chanel

Noone does it like Chanel!

Karl! Karl!! Karl!!! That’s what I always scream every time Chanel unveils a new collection. It’s always about the beautiful pieces, the lovely colours and the amazing theme imbibed into each show…Simply thrilling!



Chanel is one of those amazing brands you cannot wait to see every season and ‘The Karl’ as I call him keeps leaving me speechless and inspired.
Again Karl wowed everyone at the just concluded Spring/Summer 2012 collection – the setting was like that of an airplane.

Blue - the colour of sky - was the favourite hue, in all its shades from chalcedony to Pan-Am and midnight. Bags were replaced by ubiquitous pockets - some of them built-into the drop waistbands.

As Coco realised back in the '30s, pockets are key to achieving a slouchy, laid back look. And planes, as far as Lagerfeld is concerned, are a handy aid to relaxing. "I love flying. It's the one time I can escape. I don't have to talk; everyone around me is watching screens. I can be alone. It's perfect".














No comments: